If you are interested in
appreciate your desire to offer a lifetime of love and care for an equine in
need! Horses live into their 30's on average and ponies and mules can
live to 40, so we appreciate your consideration of that fact. It is painful
for a horse to be uprooted from his family and friends and is especially
difficult as the horse ages. Please look to make a lifetime commitment
monetarily, physically and emotionally.
via email with attachments or snail mail the following to be considered:
proof of income
driver's license number
pictures of your facilities and other horses if you have any,
a copy of your last vet/farrier bill if you have horses, if not, then
the name and number of the vet and farrier you plan to use,
copy of utility bill to
show proof of residence
address of prospective
housing for adopted horse(s) and name, phone number if boarding barn (or
full description of your
if you are looking for a show jumping mare you can
breed next year and then sell please do NOT contact us! However, if you are
seeking a friend to whom you will remain loyal to even when they cannot do
the job you once asked of them...feel free to contact us.
Amaryllis Farm Equine Rescue
Little Fresh Pond Road
Southampton, NY 11968
Did you know that Gamal,
pictured below worked for years at Coney Island as a driving horse and was
later saved from a slaughter pen? Powderface was never found.
Shiloh was saved along with Gamal. I was a little girl when I read
about this and I always cry thinking about it.
We protect the horses we are
Sponsor a farm animal!
We have many ducks, chickens, pigs, goats and more looking for a forever
family to love and support them!
If you cannot take a horse home you
ADOPT a SANCTUARY HORSE
and this horse become your "own" (though they remain at Amaryllis) $6000
yearly covers one horse's expenses.
Ten requests from your horse...
1. I wish to be with you all the days of my life. Separation from you is
painful for me.
2. Give me time to understand what you wish from me. I love you, please be
patient. I am trying
3. Trust in me as I trust in you.
4. Don't be angry with me, I love you and need you. You are all I have.
5. Talk with me, tell me your dreams and hopes. I want to be there as they
come true. I will never
6. Treat me with respect so I can honor you.
7. I am so sensitive, a small fly can upset me so! Please never strike me. I
am here to serve you.
I love you.
8. If I act out of character, please try to find out if something is hurting
me or if I have a reason. I
am never "bad" without good reason.
9. Take care of me when I am old, you have been my life. I will need you
more as aches and
pains begin. I would never leave you.
10. Be with me as I take my last journey. Please be brave and strong for me
as I was for you in
my youth. Allow me my dignity.
Hold my head and tell me of the wondrous place I will go to await you. I
love you and I will
wait for you. When your time finally comes...
I would be honored to carry you into Heaven my trusted friend.